Thursday, August 4, 2011

Follow - it is key to Blogging

Image representing Blogger as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase
I have been blogging much more lately -  really just pointing out informative articles I find interesting and I believe would be useful for my readers.

This all started when I added a Chrome extension to Blogger which makes adding the articles seamless and then found Zemanta Assistant which offers photos, related articles and In-text links. Those two FREE additions really make blogging fun and easy!

But where do I find these interesting tidbits?  From the people I follow for the most part. I love to mine twitter,  Facebook, LinkedIn Today and my extensive Google Reader library are all wonderful sources.  The key is to follow people in my line of work, or have similar interests and who offer hyperlinks; they are a goldmine!  Eccentric, quirky, funny bloggers add to the experience.  

The key to all of this is to also have a bookmarking app - I love Delicious.  When I start searching for information I usually don't have time to read the whole article, so tagging them in Delicious is a great way to keep similar topics together.  Finally if I really want to read it soon, I use another Chrome extension called Kindle-it , this app sends the article to my Kindle Reader so I can read it at my leisure.

Now when my clients cringe at the thought of blogging - I introduce them to my system.  Big Smile- happy client.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment